Save on AC repair and AC service by Making Your Home More Energy Efficient
What better way to start off 2018 than to make your home more energy efficient. Not only does this save you money on your electric bills, but it can save you significantly on air conditioner maintenance service costs throughout the year. You see, when your home is energy efficient, it requires less work for your AC unit to maintain a comfortable temperature. Less work means reduced energy use and wear and tear, which results in lower electric bills and fewer AC repair calls.
We are happy to discuss some ideas for you to consider to make your home more energy efficient during our annual air conditioner maintenance service. In the meantime, here are a few tips:
- Make sure doors and windows are properly sealed
- Consider using zoned heating and cooling
- Consider using Energy Star certified appliances; if you are buying new, make sure they have an Energy Star label
- Consider using reflective material on your roof that reflects sunlight away from your home (this should be installed by a professional roofing company)
- Convert your lighting to LED
In many cases, energy efficient upgrades are affordable investments which can yield long term returns. And, you don’t have to do them all at once. You will be surprised at just how much you can save by effectively implementing just one or two of the above energy saving strategies.
Another way to save is to have us perform our regular AC maintenance service at least once a year. This helps ensure your unit is in tip-top shape and operating at peak performance.
BlueSky performs AC service and AC repair on many makes and models including American Standard, Lennox, Rheem, York, Mitsubishi Electric, Goodman, Bryant, Amana, Carrier and Trane. Ocala, Florida homes and businesses trust BlueSky for all of their air conditioner maintenance service needs.